Monday, November 21, 2005

Communication in the 21st century

I wonder how many forms of communication people use today. One of my frustrations is that there are so many options and to keep in touch with friends and family I have to use a variety of options. These days, I use the following (in decreasing order of usage)

  • Cell Phone

  • Google Talk

  • Skype

  • Yahoo Messenger

  • Good ole land line


  • I don't use msn messenger much anymore in my efforts to keep some handle on what I use.

    In a perfect world, I would use a cell phone for work-related calls or calls on the run, google talk would communicate with other traditional IM apps (why can't everyone use jabber as the communication standard) and Skype would fulfil my VOIP needs (or maybe gizmo someday) for calls to friends and family.

    Related Articles:
    One login to bind them all
    My hard disk on the web

    del.icio.us Tags:
    Technorati Tags:

    4 Comments:

    At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Alec Saunders said...

    Deepak,

    You're not alone! I wrote the following post a while back about this very phenomenon.

    http://saunderslog.com/2005/08/16/1724/

     
    At 7:43 PM, Blogger Deepak Singh said...

    Alec

    That's a great post. Nice blog too. The harder I try to consolidate, the harder it seems to get. Choice is a great thing, but sometimes it makes life just that little bit complicated.

     
    At 8:32 AM, Anonymous James Pearson said...

    Hey there Deepak,

    Just thought I'd let you know that my article you have linked has changed; I have moved blogs. You can get the same article from:

    http://infinityandbeyond.wordpress.com/2005/12/20/whats-goingon-one-login-to-bind-them-all/

    Thanks for the link btw ;)

     
    At 9:25 AM, Blogger Deepak Singh said...

    Done!!!

    And you are most welcome!!!

     

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home