Saturday, November 26, 2005

Krauss and String Theory

String theory as a science is something I have not spent much time trying to understand. I am still a firm believer in the capabilities of Newtonian mechanics and quantum mechanics, but this article in Slate about Krauss' latest book makes an interesting read. Do you believe in String Theory? I am going to safely sit on the fence till I actually understand the concept properly. That said count me as a cautious skeptic. It's difficult to dismiss something that could be an answer to "every question", but my experience with string theorists makes it very hard not to be a skeptic. Someday I will actually sit down with a book and try and understand it properly.

read more | digg story


Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home