Sunday, November 06, 2005

Tribute to Bob Moog

I realized that there had been no mention of the passing of Bob Moog in my blog. I don't think I can ever provide the historical perspective that Ray Kurzweil does in an article for Wired. Bob Moog was the synthesizer. The Moog Modular is still my favorite synth of all time, and his creations have launch many a wonderful (and many really bad) careers. Every Keith Emerson lick I hear, every Klaus Schulze sequence reminds me of the genius of a techie who changed music forever. Now the day of the analog might well be behind us, but as technology moves on to its next phase, the warm, punchy sound of the Moog most people probably first heard on "Switched on Bach" will live forever as the holy grail.

del.icio.us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home